Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fun with Food!

I have this never ending craving/obsession with summer rolls (or fresh spring rolls) They are divine! What better thing is there when you can make something better than a resturant? I can tell you that it is quite satisfying! These little babies have mint, cilantro, basil, rice noodles, bean sprouts, carrot and cucumber sticks, shrimp and a thin slice of turkey. Authentic ones have a pork slice, but it's what I had and it seemed to work just dandy! The sauce is made from hoisin, peanut butter and chopped peanuts. It was so fun! The rice wrapper was really amazing to work with too! Life is good, let me see your summer roll!!!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Yum-o! What a delicous and healthy little dish! I love to play with my food, too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Now that looks just like going to a Thai Restaurant. Bravo! Very nice presentation!

J&LRodarte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J&LRodarte said...

Have you found good Thai there? Life isn't worth it without peanut butter, lime and rice! :)

Lisa said...

Lanette, you're so awesome! I MISS you! I can't believe how big Lily is already... we need to hang out more! I still haven't painted that wall... I will definetely call when I do. Love you!

Thomas family said...

I wanna eat some of that! Yummy!