Sunday, November 9, 2008

2nd Wrestling Match 11/8/08

Wresting season has begun! Life for the Rodarte's is now in lockdown and full of half-Nelson's and "quick-feet". It is amazing to see the growth in my little buddy though. Last year was his first year of wrestling and he had matches against boys who had more experience than he did, so there was a big learning curve for Peyton. There is something about this year for him though. His teacher says that Peyton has matured since last year and is now what she call a "serious student". What a relief. (I have been stressed out with this because Peyton never showed any interest in learning the ABC's, reading, coloring. . .he is on his own agenda. He learned how to ride a bike on two wheels before he would potty train.) Here he is a serious wrestler. Instead of crying at each match (which is what I did last year, though I was an emotional pregnant woman :) ) I can get excited and cheer him along. There is one person that makes the difference for Peyt, his dad. I should say it with a capital "D". Jared is his idol. Anything Daddy likes and does is what Peyton likes and does. I can't imagine a better role model for my son. With Jared and Clint coaching this year all I can say is Bring it On! Stats: 6-0;1 pin

No comments: